Running a business may be rewarding, risky, challenging and, at times, frustrating. The proper choice of entity, its correct formation and sustaining business operations are issues all business owners face. At Precept Law Group, we work closely with our clients to help them understand the implications of proper entity choice, management of operations and ongoing qualification to conduct business. We don’t work with a lot of clients so we can be regularly involved with their businesses and are able to proactively identify and manage risks, ensure routine legal and financial matters are followed and handled, and provide legal and business solutions that take into account the realities of running a small business. Some of our business practice areas include:
- We assist clients in all aspects of business structuring including formation, mergers, acquisitions, sales and liquidations.
- Each form of business entity has differing tax and liability implications. We work closely with you to develop the right balance of operational flexibility, liability protection and tax-effectiveness for your unique situation.
Relationships with Third Parties:
- Customer and vendor contracts;
- Bank, lender and investor relations;
- Landlord/tenant relations;
- Confidentiality agreements; and
- Joint ventures.
- Trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and licensing.
- Protection of intellectual assets is becoming increasingly important and at the same time complex. We help our valued clients protect and license their products, services, trade secrets and confidential business information. We represent clients in a wide range of intellectual property matters involving trademarks, service marks and copyrights. We register, license, and enforce trademarks worldwide and protect copyrights and trade secrets for clients in a variety of industries.
- Tailored to the needs of start-up businesses, we act as general counsel for a diverse client base and provide cost-effective, one-stop representation on a broad spectrum of business matters encountered by our clients. These matters may include corporate structure, tax planning, and intellectual property protection, as well as legal issues typically handled by in-house legal counsel such as human resource concerns, mergers and acquisitions, financial reorganization, contract drafting, compensation design, retirement plan advice and trademark registration.
Our team members are not just legal professionals but experienced businesspeople, some with advanced business degrees and all with significant business experience. Consequently, we approach a client’s situation with a multi-disciplinary view and not simply from a legal standpoint.
Working with business clients of all sizes and at different stages of their development, we cultivate a team approach with the client’s financial and other professional advisors to strategize for growth and identify solutions that address the client’s legal, tax, and operational issues.
Genuinely client-oriented and business-savvy, we will devise a comprehensive planning and problem solving approach specifically for you.