There are many options available for estate planning and protection of your assets and your family. At Precept Law Group, we help you consider the viable options and what methods are available to help achieve your goals. We listen, educate, and empower you to make informed decisions about you, your family and your future.
Estate planning is not a one-time process as many lawyers would lead you to believe.
It is an ongoing process that should be started when you are young and continued throughout your lifetime. If you see it as just a one-time process, your plan will likely fail when your family needs it the most, because your assets won’t be held properly or your plan will be out of date.
Only part of estate planning has to with your money or assets. What estate planning really has to do with is making life as easy as possible for your loved ones should something happen to you. It’s about making the right financial and legal decisions during your lifetime that will bring you and your family freedom from worry about the future.
As an experienced wills and trusts lawyer, we will work with you to evaluate what is most important to you and your family. You will be informed of the many estate planning options available empowering you to be in control of the decisions made. We offer informative guidance with the following estate planning mechanisms, among others:
- Basic estate planning, including: Wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, health care directives (living wills), and other related estate planning documents;
- Sophisticated estate planning strategies to help reduce federal gift and estate taxes as well as Washington estate taxes, including: life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, family limited liability companies and grantor retained annuity trusts;
- Business succession planning for individuals and families with private and closely-held business interests;
- Tax planning, including charitable giving, charitable trusts and private foundations, as well as asset protection and retirement planning; and
- Life care planning services to help guide you and your family through the years and address issues such as Medicaid planning, health care requirements, legacy planning and advanced directives to indicate your healthcare treatment wishes to others.
With each of our estate plans, we include a no-charge three year review to ensure that, as our clients’ lives change, so does their estate plan to ensure that all assets are held properly for maximum protection. For a no-obligation consultation, contact our office today.